Friday, August 29, 2008

Heading to El Salvador!

Hi Folks!

We'll be heading to El Salvador on September 16th (after two days in DC) to start 26 months of Peace Corps service. Bruce will be doing Youth Development and Kelly will be doing Environmental Education. We'll be near San Vicente for training during the first two months. We'll live with a host family and may have internet access often. We will be very busy with training, but we will try to keep in touch as much as possible. After training, we will be assigned to a community in need of a Youth Developer and an Environmental Educator. We are not sure what kind of internet access we will have from that point on. Even if we have limited access, we hope to update this journal periodically.

We would greatly appreciate any letters you might want to send us, since we will miss you all so much! Please email us for our address.

Thanks so much for all of your support and well wishes. We're really excited about this adventure and we look forward to keeping in touch with all of you!

Much Love!
Bruce and Kelly

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey guys, I miss you already. I hope you have time to keep up with this blog....as I have no life and will be stalking it, haha

Unknown said...

Where is my blog? I sent one the day I say Kelly and Bruce's???? Hi Kristen....good to know you're stalking this site..maybe you can tell me what I did wrong.
Hope you are doing well K and B...hope you like your host family!
Love MOM

Mary_Ann said...

Hi K and B,
I've never left a message on a blog before..so here it goes..Love you guys! Hope all is well in your travels so far. Your page is saved in my favorites so I intend on visiting it often, and reading about all your adventures. I know you will have a wonderful time, stay safe, and bring back some memories for a lifetime.
Love Aunt Mary Ann

pinkstrawberry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pinkstrawberry said...

Nice to see Mr.Fox and Mrs.fox♡>-<
I am here in bo's aunt's house during long weekend and Bo said she know that fruit call richa and i know that too~ that's so delicious and picture in El Salvador look so good! It looks like around fresh nature~ also the boy looks sooo cute cute
Oh~ Happy Birthday Mr. Fox ^-^ and Have a good days Mr. and Mr. Fox :)

kathyjamie said...

From Nana, Kathy and Jamie:
Nana says she hopes it's warmer where you are than here. It hit 30F last night.
Bruce, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! What did you do to celebrate? Kelly, your hair is soooo cute. Didn't think you could possibly be any cuter.
I know you've heard about the phillies. YAY!
The pictures you post are great. The views are spectacular. I'm sure life is much harder than it looks. We think of you daily and hope you are finding happiness in the great gifts you are sharing.
Love you both
Kathy and Jamie